need a low light floating plant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Catalina

Aquarium Advice Activist
I think this is my first post in the planted section! I'm currently successfully growing hygrophila and an amazon sword in my 10 gal. I now have a new 29 gal. which is not going to be heavily planted, because it gets very little light. (I only turn it on for a few hours a day when I'm home. The loaches like it better, and that way I don't have to worry about algae.)

I did hear that java fern was an easy, low light plant, so I decided to attach some of that to a piece of driftwood and pop it in. Now, I want an idea for a floating plant, because I am going to be moving my dwarf gourami into this tank, and it is a tall tank which means none of the plants I currently have break the water's surface, and he likes building bubble nests. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Also, I remember reading on here once before a link to a site where you could select all the requirements you were looking for in a plant (light, size, etc.) and then it would show you what plants fit your criteria. Does anyone know what site I'm talking about, and could they link me to it?

Thanks so much!

Also, anarchis can be planted or floating. I have it both ways in my 10gal tank and both are doing just fine.

Hornwort does well floating with low light, too. I've got some in a bucket (breeding snails for my puffer) and it gets VERY little light. Its still green and floating.

thank you so much everyone! i wasn't expecting to have this much of a selection to choose from. i wrote all these plants down, and hopefully i will have a choice when i get to the aquarium store this week.

Back
Top Bottom