New tanks for my bettas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lilmack07 said:
Well I've gained some nice knowledge from this little debate. :) beauty of a forum is that you get so many different ideas and opinions. I do appreciate all the advice that has been given!

You are very welcome!

When I get the tanks in and set up I shall post pictures. :) blah I should have expressed shipped it. I hate waiting.

Make sure you keep me updated, I'd love to see how you set it up. Nano tanks can be extremely enjoyable, sometimes I think I actually prefer them over big tanks.

Will do. :) I've already been thinking of ways to set them up. I have one in my kitchen and one in my bathroom. I got them both to match the colors of each room. So I want to try and make the decor match the colors as well. Lol

Yea I've thought about doing a mix of live and fake plants. I got one live plant in my 20g and it's really peaked my interest on doing a planted tank.

ok iv had a lil read of this thread i would get a glass shrimp as they are cheap see how it goes if the betta dosnt eat it or attack it you should be fine to add some cooler looking shrimp iv had a few fish with my betta even tho im still new to it a good work of advive male bettas will atack anything which is brighter or more nicer looking which is why males have more colour you could add somthing like a kuhli loach they are awsome love to hide but in a tank with a betta it would thrive im considering weather to add my black kuhli loach in with my betta

the female is no longer in this tank or the glass shrimp I didnt have enought spots for the shrimp to hide simple noob mistake

Attachments

• image-2306610973.jpg
    image-2306610973.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 75
That's a good idea to test them out with the glass shrimp. I was wondering if places like petco or petsmart could order the more colorful shrimp, I doubt it thou. Prolly have to order them offline, the shipping charges scare me haha. I will have to look into the loaches! :) thank you for he suggestion. You tank looks awesome thou! I dig it!

cheers bro and I only use one pet store in western australia and they never get cool shrimp they cost more online but its worth it think all up Iv ordered something like 20-30 fish online never one def but shrimp might be a lil more fragile

Lilmack07 said:
That's a good idea to test them out with the glass shrimp. I was wondering if places like petco or petsmart could order the more colorful shrimp, I doubt it thou. Prolly have to order them offline, the shipping charges scare me haha. I will have to look into the loaches! :) thank you for he suggestion. You tank looks awesome thou! I dig it!

Most chain stores will never go out of their way to order something for you. But +1 on the khuli suggestion. I've never owned one but from what I've studied they spend most of their time under the substrate anyway so your betta and it should be able to coexist. But I think loaches are shrimp killers so be careful there.

one would be fine if ya get it as a fry they grow so slowly iv had mine for ages just got another but bigger

lamby said:
one would be fine if ya get it as a fry they grow so slowly iv had mine for ages just got another but bigger

No, it wouldn't be fine. Being a fry has nothing to do with it.

The loaches do look amazingly cool! I hadn't even heard of them before. But they seem like they get a good size. Maybe when I get my 55g I will have to check into those for sure! But for the betta tank I think I will stick with shrimp or snails. As far as ordering online. I think the shrimp will come out fine it's just hard finding them for a decent price since I was such a low quantity for them. Including the snails too but I think I'm going to order my snails from eBay maybe. Give it a try they have 5 blue ramshorns for 9.99 free shipping. I really want some of them, can't find any of the pink ones or whatever thou. xP

they are still shoaling fish, 1 should not be kept alone. Groups of 4-5 at the least. Why sacrifice a fishes needs and jam them alone in a tank that is less than half of what they need? Their average life span is close to 10 years when cared for properly. They also require a lot of hiding places to feel comfortable and this can't exactly be offered properly in such a small tank.

Ahh got the shipping email should have my tanks by tomorrow. Super excited!!

Got my tanks! Now to get them set up. Haven't gotten the heaters yet or all the plants. But got i a basic start. Next photos will be them set up :)

Attachments

• image-837406832.jpg
    image-837406832.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 72
Lilmack07 said:
Got my tanks! Now to get them set up. Haven't gotten the heaters yet or all the plants. But got i a basic start. Next photos will be them set up :)

I can't get my mind off of what I would do if I had a tank like that. Heavily planted! Lol. Or maybe a nano reef...who knows.

I wasn't able to put one of the tanks where I wanted but its all good. Yes they are bare right now, hopefully not for long. But I feel better they have more space now at least. Still have to get two heaters for them and I plan on throwing in a few ghost shrimp and a blue ramshorn for each. Not sure what other decor I want to put in it yet. I want to add live plants. I planned on getting some today but both lfs I went to the plants looks terrible. :/

Attachments

• image-2917099886.jpg
    image-2917099886.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 76
  • image-4237246827.jpg
    image-4237246827.jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 71
Back
Top Bottom