New tanks for my bettas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I added some live plants to the blue aquarium And also my old 100 watt heater. I think the smallest of the snails is a goner but other two are doing fine I think. They like to stay borrowed in the sand.

Attachments

• image-1112676726.jpg
    image-1112676726.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 65
  • image-4147644018.jpg
    image-4147644018.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 68
yeah i think i lost one of my small snails to cant find it anywhere havnt moved the sand tho dont want to stir up nastys

Yea I don't really like to disturb them. I'm kinda hoping the live plants attract them to come
Out of the sand but I doubt it lol.

cucumber works the best they cant help but come for feed

Oh thank you! I will have to try that out and see if i can get them to come out on their own. :))

I haven't gotten any cucumber yet. But it seems the biggest snail I received is really diggin the live plants I put in there. It's made him come out the sand more. But the other one still stays down in the sand.

Attachments

• image-4106340072.jpg
    image-4106340072.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 74
Added two of my ghost shrimp from my bigger tank to see how well they do in the tank. Eventually I would like to get se colorful shrimp. Also looking into DIY LED lights so I can start growin microsword and other plants in the tank. :))

How quickly do ghost shrimp have eggs. Because this morning I out two in the betta tank and now one of them looks to be holding eggs.

Attachments

• image-3565907826.jpg
    image-3565907826.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 61
Lilmack07 said:
How quickly do ghost shrimp have eggs. Because this morning I out two in the betta tank and now one of them looks to be holding eggs.

Not sure what the time frame is but I'm pretty sure ghost shrimp babies cannot survive in just freshwater.

Yea I've heard they are hard to raise and usually have to have a tank all to themselves. I was just curious on how quickly they can acquire eggs because I could have sworn she didn't have any before I put her in there and then all of a sudden her swimmers were full of them. But she laid them and the betta ate them. Maybe she could have just been aborting them kuz the betta was kinda chasing her at first but he has backed off now.

yeah iv herd that the only will breed in a slighty salty water I was thinking of tryin to breed the in my bumble bee goby tank

While cleanin my tank today my ramshorn started floating around and it had little white ball looking things come from it shell. Not quite sure what they are, I don't think thy are eggs. They seem too young and I thought their eggs were grouped together when they laid them these are free floating and separate from each other.

not snail eggs then they lay their eggs in a group they kinda look like a bubble

Hahaha xD so today I added a 60watt( uses 14 watts) cfl daylight bulb that is 5000k. With this bulb I should be able to grow more medium light plants right? The DIY led system is a little over my head at the moment. With this lighting could I try microsword grass or dwarf grass?

Also since I already have a sand bottom should I just add a substrate on top like fluorite or should I take my sand out put the substrate and then maybe sand cap it?

Also since I already have a sand bottom should I just add a substrate on top like fluorite or should I take my sand out put the substrate and then maybe sand cap it?
Depends on what you like the looks of best. Do you like the look of the sand? I personally am not a fan of flourite's coloration. It is a good substrate though. I just really love my sand. In my 29g planted I had only Flourite but I didn't like how it looked so I capped it with play sand. You can look at those pictures and see which you think you like better. The one with Flourite is a few days after I set up the tank and added plants. The sand one is fairly recent. I will say though that you should probably just set up your tank all over again if you're gonna put a substrate like Flourite in because it will make your tank water black. I don't know how you'd add it without doing so. Sorry for this long choppy response.

Attachments

• image-2215883030.jpg
    image-2215883030.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 49
  • image-4210824582.jpg
    image-4210824582.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 47
I was told I wouldn't have to do the substrate if I just add root tabs for the plants so I am sticking with the sand. I'm with you I really dig the way the sand looks hahah

Back
Top Bottom