New

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OwenBrewer

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I currently have 3 freshwater aquariums (1- 20 gal, 2- 10's) and I'm starting to get a little bored with them. So I've been looking into getting a smaller (probly 29 gallon) tank to start a FOWLR aquarium, and if I do good with that getting another larger tank and trying reef system. I was wondering if a protein skimmer is necessary for a tank that small and not having any coral in it, and was also wondering what some good start up fish would be other than just the clown fish that seems like every video on YouTube has. Any input would be appreciated! I can already feel myself turning into a reef junky

You don't need a protein skimmer just stay on your water changes..as for starter fish with a 29 gallon it will really limit you to nano fish for the most part being gobies blennies and damsels but check out liveaquaria and browse around the fish and check their requirements..once you find something you like work around that

Will the live rock and sand get the tank to cycle on its own or should I put inverts in? Or mix water from my existing aquariums? Or what..?

Seed with LR but you will need an ammo source which you could use a cocktail shrimp for

Back
Top Bottom