Starting 29 gallon reef tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Inject it with hot lemon juice? How? I'm about to go to work so I don't have time to run to a store or anything. Can I grab it and rip it out?

Khij159753 said:
Inject it with hot lemon juice? How? I'm about to go to work so I don't have time to run to a store or anything. Can I grab it and rip it out?

I would guess with some sort of syringe.

You could grab it and rip it out, but that won't gentrification rid of it. I was actually reading about these last night. When they walk around the tank, little bits of their "feet" get left on the rocks and new aiptasias grow from those. Can you remove the rock it is on and put it in a bucket or bowl until you can kill it properly? That's what I would try to do. Maybe if you took the rock out you could try dripping hot lemon juice on it. I don't know if that would work... I read injecting it with the lemon juice or using aiptasia x works.

Bearchumjs said:
I would guess with some sort of syringe.

You could grab it and rip it out, but that won't gentrification rid of it. I was actually reading about these last night. When they walk around the tank, little bits of their "feet" get left on the rocks and new aiptasias grow from those. Can you remove the rock it is on and put it in a bucket or bowl until you can kill it properly? That's what I would try to do. Maybe if you took the rock out you could try dripping hot lemon juice on it. I don't know if that would work... I read injecting it with the lemon juice or using aiptasia x works.

gentrification?? What the heck auto correct. It's supposed to read "get rid of it."

Umm. I fear that I saw it a couple days ago on a coral I added but it kinda looked like the coral so I left it. The coral I saw it on is on the other side of the tank.... Should I just get apstasia x as soon as I can?

Khij159753 said:
Umm. I fear that I saw it a couple days ago on a coral I added but it kinda looked like the coral so I left it. The coral I saw it on is on the other side of the tank.... Should I just get apstasia x as soon as I can?

Probably a good idea. You will probably have more if it has moved from one side of the tank to the other. That stinks! I'm sorry. :(

Thanks. I there anything I should know about apstasia x? Can it go in with inverts in the tank and stuff? I've never bought it and I'm Gavin my dad buy it and follow the instructions on the box.

Khij159753 said:
Thanks. I there anything I should know about apstasia x? Can it go in with inverts in the tank and stuff? I've never bought it and I'm Gavin my dad buy it and follow the instructions on the box.

It comes with a syringe and you shoot is right on the apstasia and that's it. It won't hurt anything unless you start spaying it everyplace.

Just noticed my pulsing Xenia had babies already with about six heads

scottayy said:
How does that happen.. do they just drop off a main stalk?

Yes they just fall off. Sorry to butt in on the OP thread. Thought I put that in mine.

Haha it's okay :) love learning about corals. Share about all your corals haha I love hearin it :) I really love my fuzzy mushroom :)

Khij159753 said:
Haha it's okay :) love learning about corals. Share about all your corals haha I love hearin it :) I really love my fuzzy mushroom :)

Loved mine to but never did good for some reason and died. I just added a huge finger leather yesterday. Check it out in my thread.

Okay. My fuzzy mushroom seems to be doing great :) and I think I took care of the apstasia :) still tryin to get good pics but hardly get to see my tank with the lights on during weekends.

So I'm pretty sure I got rid of the apstasia :) and I'm pretty sure my birdsnest frag is dying. But the other stony coral still has lots of color so that's good :) and all my sorties are doing good :) this week in thinking I'll probably get test kits and maybe another powerhead cause mines not circulating water enough. (probably why the birdsnest is dying)

Khij159753 said:
So I'm pretty sure I got rid of the apstasia :) and I'm pretty sure my birdsnest frag is dying. But the other stony coral still has lots of color so that's good :) and all my sorties are doing good :) this week in thinking I'll probably get test kits and maybe another powerhead cause mines not circulating water enough. (probably why the birdsnest is dying)

Can you try moving the birdsnest closer to the PH so it gets more flow? Does it have enough light?

It's pretty close to the power head. And I'm pretty sure it has enough light. Maybe too much? It started gettin white at the top and has worked it's way down.

Back
Top Bottom