Starting 29 gallon reef tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mrc8858 said:
I've found some chalices that are like $1250 per eye which I would love to have the job of who evers buying it haha

Wow! I'm sure that's one quite rare and amazing piece! I don't think I could ever live with myself I I bought a coral for over like 150-200$ and that would only happen a couple times. I stick to the cheaper beauty of a SW tank :) even though there's no real "cheap way"

Sc's Dynamite chalice $1500 per eye!

Attachments

• scgreatest.jpg
    scgreatest.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 68
So who here like stony corals or soft corals more? And I want some good reasons why! :) love hearing everyones opinions like this. Like little fun surveys :) it's very intertaining.

So who here like stony corals or soft corals more? And I want some good reasons why! :) love hearing everyones opinions like this. Like little fun surveys :) it's very intertaining.

Can one really choose? lol
I like them both for different reasons. If I ABSOLUTELY HAD to choose, I like the soft corals more. Encrusting, fast growing.

scottayy said:
Can one really choose? lol
I like them both for different reasons. If I ABSOLUTELY HAD to choose, I like the soft corals more. Encrusting, fast growing.

What do you mean by encrusting?

Right now I'm really loving green star polyps. So beautiful when it takes over a large area and flows in the current.

I'm in love with my fuzzy mushrooms! My gsp and my zoas are nice and I'm sure I'll love them more when they're bigger than a tiny frag. Lol

So I woke up this morning with a text from my LFS and ran down there and got my candy cane pistol! :D have him in there and waiting to see if they will pair up :) haha I also got carried away and got 5 more coral! Just waiting for them to open up. Should get pics of everything tomorrow! Be expecting at least 10 pics :)

This reminds me I want to get some fuzzy mushrooms. Toadstool mushroom.

Can't wait for the pics!!

I'll post pics soon. In the mean time I'm gonna post my parameters my phone deleted right as I finished typing :p

Sg:1.026
Ph:8.2
Ammonia:.25
Nitrite:0
Nitrate:0
DKH:9
Kh:161.1
Calcium:460
Phosphate:0
Lookin good? Don't have a mag test yet. I had my LFS check my kits and he said they were all good. I'm very surprised because I haven't done a WC in 3 weeks. I'm preparing one tonight just to get some new water in there and get the tank full sense I've been taking water out for acclimating things :) which probably explains the small ammonia spike. Also does anyone elses nitrates slowly drop over time like mine?

Bearchumjs said:
Saltwater tanks are magical! My nitrates seem to drop Too.

The only thing I can think of is I have 40lbs of very porus LR and albs or so base rock. Plus 40ls of LS. Maybe that keeps it down haha but wasn't expecting it to go up then drop over time. All my parameters look good though?

I just hope my nitrates stay like this after I add a couple bangaiis probably sometime next week. And a clown sometime probably a month or so after. I'm guessing it'll take that long for one to come in that really calls my name haha. I've only found a couple clowns I really LOVE!

So who can inlighten me on clown gobies. How hard are they to keep? Min tank size? Approximate size? Cost? Behaviors? Reasons why or why not to get them? I know you guys with pico tanks or small nanos probably have em.

Khij159753 said:
So who can inlighten me on clown gobies. How hard are they to keep? Min tank size? Approximate size? Cost? Behaviors? Reasons why or why not to get them? I know you guys with pico tanks or small nanos probably have em.

Just bought a citron clown goby yesterday from Petco for 12.79. They like to just sit on things and look around. Mine is still getting use to everything so is in the back but they usually like to sit on corals. They only get to about an inch and are tiny so there bioload isnt much. I would get one, I was debating and glad I did. He ate a mysis last night when I feed the tank.

image-479348457.jpg

Back
Top Bottom