starting a 150 gallon predator tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Alright thanks do you know of any gar that would fit in a 150 gallon?

Unfortunately none. Even the smallest gar still reaches over 20".

With a tank that's 18" deep you are gonna be limited to a lot of the lager predatory fish you can keep. That's why you find a lot of people keep the larger cichlids.

As common as they are a very cool couple a fish I could recommend with big attitudes and are predatory would be parachromis managuensis, and tilapia buttikoferi. They are actually what I'm still debating on to put in my 135.(same tank yours is taller)

Unfortunately none. Even the smallest gar still reaches over 20".

With a tank that's 18" deep you are gonna be limited to a lot of the lager predatory fish you can keep. That's why you find a lot of people keep the larger cichlids.

As common as they are a very cool couple a fish I could recommend with big attitudes and are predatory would be parachromis managuensis, and tilapia buttikoferi. They are actually what I'm still debating on to put in my 135.(same tank yours is taller)

Alright... its Bummer but would rather have happy and healthy fish. Thank you!

Oh... I forgot another. And it's in my top 10 all time fav. I always forget it because I'm so caught up in cichlids.

But the fahaka puffer fish! These things are so BA and super predatory.

Attachments

• image-1094971011.jpg
    image-1094971011.jpg
    232.8 KB · Views: 57
Oh... I forgot another. And it's in my top 10 all time fav. I always forget it because I'm so caught up in cichlids.

Nice! I will have to think about it

I just looked into them and found out they should be kept alone. Do you know if this is always true?

I don't have any experience with them so I don't know. I have read up on them multiple times. They are highly aggressive. So I imagine they would have to be kept alone. Maybe some fast schooling fish might work. Tetras/danios them types.

I don't have any experience with them so I don't know. I have read up on them multiple times. They are highly aggressive. So I imagine they would have to be kept alone. Maybe some fast schooling fish might work. Tetras/danios them types.

Alright thanks!

I'd recommend against any snakeheads, a lot of states are putting the screws to laws against even shipping them in state, For the most 'Flash" red bellys are gonna be your best bet.

I think I have my final stock list:

1 red hi-fin wolf fish
3-4 red fin barracudas
And I'm going to try to put my friends Oscar in with them

Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated! Any suggestions on plants or order to introduce them?

I think I have my final stock list:

1 red hi-fin wolf fish
3-4 red fin barracudas
And I'm going to try to put my friends Oscar in with them

Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated! Any suggestions on plants or order to introduce them?

Make sure te cudas are to big for the wolf to eat

Make sure te cudas are to big for the wolf to eat

I thought about that and once they are fully grown I shouldn't have a problem. But i was planning on getting the barracudas first and and waiting untill they are large enough so the wolf fish won't go after them.

Back
Top Bottom