Stock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I will probably tell you the water parameters tomorrow or today to see if it's compatible with the fish and plants in trying to get

1 dwarf gourami
8 ghost shrimp
2 snails
3 panda cories

I happen to be rehoming all my fish into my uncles 40 gallon, it has plenty of hiding places, and includes two parrotfish

I got a mini compact 10 watt cfl, is that enough for a 10 gallon with anubias and java moss, I didn't get a water test kit because the only one they had cost $40 DOLLARS!!!

aqua hobbyist said:
I got a mini compact 10 watt cfl, is that enough for a 10 gallon with anubias and java moss, I didn't get a water test kit because the only one they had cost $40 DOLLARS!!!

Amazon has them for like $16 right now if you're open to ordering one.

Well yea, as long as it had fish that whole time, its cycled. To that specific bioload anyways, but it should be enough. See, you saying all your fish had died led me to believe the tank had lost its BB. But when you take the fish out, you'll need to either out your new fish in or provide an ammonia source to keep your BB alive.

Could I do this?:

1. Rehome fish
2. Change water after
3. Restock

Same filter, not cleaned!

aqua hobbyist said:
Could I do this?:

1. Rehome fish
2. Change water after
3. Restock

Same filter, not cleaned!

Yes, as long as you have zero ammonia, zero nitrites, and some small amount of nitrates. And I would probably clean the filter a little when you do the water change. Just swish them (the media) around in a bucket of old tank water, making sure to keep them wet the whole time and don't use straight tap water, just old tank water.

Final stock for my 10 gallon soon to be planted tank:

1 or 2 dwarf gourami
3 panda cories
8 ghost shrimp
2 mystery snails

Please edit my list and I would like to know how many albino cories could fit in if I didn't get panda cories?!

3 pandas would be a lot better because they can exhibit their natural schooling behavior (well, not really, but better than 2). In the wild, cories are in schools of hundreds of fish. So get as many as you can. I wouldn't do albinos. They are bigger and you can't get too many. Plus IMO, cories look a lot cooler and have a TON of personality.

aqua hobbyist said:
Could I do two albino cories instead of 3 panda cories?

Well, I don't know anything about their size, all I know is that they do best in groups of 6, but can get away with a group of 3 I think

Pandas are considered dwarf cories, at least I am pretty sure. Albinos get a lot bigger.

Pandas are considered dwarf cories, at least I am pretty sure. Albinos get a lot bigger.
Nope. The 3 species of dwarf cories are C. habrosus, hastatus, and pygmaeus. These all max out at about an inch which is half the size of a panda cory. Although, pandas are still one of the smaller species of cory and are a good amount smaller than albinos, like you said. :)

aqua hobbyist said:
How many Otos can live in the tank, if I took out the panda cories

Don't take this in a rude way, cuz I know its gunna sound rude and I don't mean for it to.. but have you tried looking any of these fish up yourself? We are definitely happy to give you answers, but its also good to do your own research. Just sayin.
That being said, I wouldn't put an oto in anything smaller than a 20 gallon.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom