'Surprise' Extra Betta Sent - What to Do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you for the encouragement re the bettas. I'm indeed stressed too so I need it.

I'll keep y'all updated with news and pics, soon I hope.

Just adding my two cents... Can't wait to see pics of the lovely bridal couple! Don't worry too much about your little girl. The gal that shipped my imported betta told me she once had a betta returned to her by the post office a MONTH after she had shipped it to a buyer. Apparently they never showed up to collect it. It was still alive and went on to a full recovery. They are tough little buggers! My Thai betta is now accepting frozen brine shrimp, though he will have nothing to do with pelleted food.

Hey y'all! They are both alive. The boy is flaring, the girl is alive but hides when she sees me :blink:.

I'll try to post pics sometimes today.

Thanks for reassurances. It helps to know they are tougher than I gave them credit for being.

PS - I wake up late. That's why I update y'all so late - not trying to keep y'all in suspense. :)

Hey y'all! They are both alive. The boy is flaring, the girl is alive but hides when she sees me :blink:.

I'll try to post pics sometimes today.

Thanks for reassurances. It helps to know they are tougher than I gave them credit for being.

PS - I wake up late. That's why I update y'all so late - not trying to keep y'all in suspense. :)

I'm glad they're both alive and happy! :) can't wait for pics!

Never apologize us nocturnals have rights too! The early risers need us, but never understand us ;)

You are a hero for buying for a breeder not a cup!! My congrats!!

The IT Crowd! I believe Marsh said those names hehe and I have wanted a white betta for so long but have never been able to find one locally but WOW after seeing that betta I am amazed! How beautiful!! I can not wait to see the female!! I will be waiting to see some more pictures of them both!!

Pics! Taken with iPhone so not so great. Still gotta scape tanks. Boy doesn't like his fake plant and log so his tank is completely bare.

Okay trying. Bear with me. I'm also waiting on a friend to get me for dinner and a movie. This wouldn't work when I was in a hurry.:(

[/ATTACH]I think I finally got it.

Girl won't let me close enough to get a good pic of her.

I'll look for my camera's battery tomorrow, then do a little scaping, and try to put up some pics that do them justice.

Attachments

• photo (7).jpg
    photo (7).jpg
    227.5 KB · Views: 85
Names are picked! After over 50 imaginative, downright weird, literary, lovely, and entertaining names - here they are!

Boy: Artax Quasar Parthos
Girl: Jasmina Glynis Bliss

As you can see, I couldn't pick just one each. :lol:

Thank you everyone for suggestions.:flowers:

Terri

Beautiful pair!

Oh, he is just gorgeous! I've thought about breeding mine but I have my hands full with our move and remodel and looking for a job, and...:banghead:

Oh, he is just gorgeous! I've thought about breeding mine but I have my hands full with our move and remodel and looking for a job, and...:banghead:
Thank you.

I thought about breeding them. According to the breeder, they won't be ready for three months. That gives me time to decide but I'm leaning towards not. The stress and expense might not be worth it.

Hope your move, remodel and job hunt goes quickly and well. We did a remodel last year so I know how that can be. Remember, it was more than worth in in the end.

Names are picked! After over 50 imaginative, downright weird, literary, lovely, and entertaining names - here they are!

Boy: Artax Quasar Parthos
Girl: Jasmina Glynis Bliss

As you can see, I couldn't pick just one each. :lol:

Thank you everyone for suggestions.:flowers:

Terri

Now you named them all your favorite names what are you gonna name the babies?!? :ROFLMAO: haahhhaaaahheeehee

They are beautiful! If you decide to try for babies, you can keep the young-uns in the same tank for awhile and as they get bigger, you can sell them to all your friends here!

The IT Crowd! I believe Marsh said those names hehe and I have wanted a white betta for so long but have never been able to find one locally but WOW after seeing that betta I am amazed! How beautiful!! I can not wait to see the female!! I will be waiting to see some more pictures of them both!!

img_2330375_0_6222189dc68b131b2fe8572519f75769.jpg

Yay Terri! I am so excited, your fishies are amazing!
Long live Artax!
img_2330375_1_70ebc88accb2ba564ca2d34e45155f0b.jpg

How are your guys doin now? Hope all has settled and girl recovered from mishap ;-) would love some more pics if you have any?! Thanks

I think I finally got it.

Girl won't let me close enough to get a good pic of her.

I'll look for my camera's battery tomorrow, then do a little scaping, and try to put up some pics that do them justice.

How did your pair settle in? Hope all went well, would love to see an update pic if possible pls! :)

Back
Top Bottom