20 gallon Q & A build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks! I wish I felt the same way. I seem to rearrange things every week end and never seem 100% satisfied.

Ahh I know the feeling.. That dang planted tank I have keeps me pondering what to Change next.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

To address the algae:

Less light. Run for only 6 hours until it gets better.

More CO2. You need to balance your light strength with you CO2 diffusion.

Drop checkers should be used at a gut check. I ran a lime green DC for the last 6 months and had nothing but issues. Im now running CO2 at around 100ppm according to my DCs but fish are fine. Co2 balance and distribution is a difficult topic. I didnt listen 6 months ago and have been paying the price, literally. Do some research on how to set up CO2 distribution and balance with your light.

Best of luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

To address the algae:

Less light. Run for only 6 hours until it gets better.

More CO2. You need to balance your light strength with you CO2 diffusion.

Drop checkers should be used at a gut check. I ran a lime green DC for the last 6 months and had nothing but issues. Im now running CO2 at around 100ppm according to my DCs but fish are fine. Co2 balance and distribution is a difficult topic. I didnt listen 6 months ago and have been paying the price, literally. Do some research on how to set up CO2 distribution and balance with your light.

Best of luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks man but im still running DIY so its hard to control the co2. Guess ill drop the lighting back until the regulator gets here.

The ottos seem to be doing good so far. How ever the long fin GBR is being a jerk to the neon's today. He keeps herding them in corners. I think he is finally ready to breed....now if only the female would feel the same at the same time.

Did a quick trim and plant on the Ludwiga repens again

img_3202962_0_96f07313c7534677e3d200c8a47e0788.jpg

And some one is ready to lay eggs again

img_3202962_1_d87f6fe0a99cfee4ebea5dafbf0b6af8.jpg

I see the the ludwigia is growing crazy in your tank too. Tank looks nice and lush.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Same here Mike. I do my PWC and seem to move stuff around every time.
Nice tank by the way.

Gone Fishing,
Dale

She's getting close, be ready when that ovipositor drops, both of my females are halfway there.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

This will be her 3rd time. Seems like every 10 to 14 days.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Aquarium Advice mobile app

She's getting close, be ready when that ovipositor drops, both of my females are halfway there.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

Oh Boy is she ready today. she is putting a hurting on the neon's how ever she seems to be looking for a different place to put the eggs this time. They both are spending a lot of time behind the sword in the right corner instead of the rock.

Ok question? These 2 groups of DHG were put in a week ago and came from the same package. They are about an inch apart. Why is one still nice and green and the other is melting?

img_3203437_0_81b2a6535d9b3a5a94f4d904152dcf3b.jpg

Maybe just a bad patch. Maybe too thick. I pulled my DHG. Between dojo it just wasn't going to work. Getting some dwarf sag from DeeLee and hoping that works.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Maybe just a bad patch. Maybe too thick. I pulled my DHG. Between dojo it just wasn't going to work. Getting some dwarf sag from DeeLee and hoping that works.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

The groupings are about the same size. Its just a mystery. Wish Brookster was still around...:(

Nope, banned. Reasons unknown.
Mike I'd give the grass time, it'll probably bounce back from it sooner or later.

I figured it would I just find it strange that one is still green and the other is dying off. Both in the same spot.

I figured it would I just find it strange that one is still green and the other is dying off. Both in the same spot.

Yeah that's odd, like previously mentioned it could be just a weak batch?
I'd definitely wait a bit and see, we've kind of ruled out wacky levels because the other patch looks darn healthy!

Yeah that's odd, like previously mentioned it could be just a weak batch?
I'd definitely wait a bit and see, we've kind of ruled out wacky levels because the other patch looks darn healthy!

Its all from the same TC.

Back
Top Bottom