36 gallon build plus stocking ??s

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
sally pu said:
I like the 2-tone gravel situation!

looks good so far..what are your plans for structure and plants?

Thanks :) its pfs and plain old black gravel. I plan on putting a nice piece of driftwood in the middle for mosses and anubias and java ferns and whatnot then I might do a moss wall, and I'm gunna try to find some nice roots to put in the top back corners somehow. I also want to have some grassy plants and other plants here and there

I hate cycling :/ I had to do a water change just now cuz my ammonia was too high lol. I had some seeded media in there but not much so I'm gunna take a little bit from the canister filter in my main tank and put it in there.

It's all good I got him out lol. So the next thing to look into is getting a new light. The one that came with the tank is only a 17 watt T8 bulb -.- so I'm going to try to get a new one.

Ok today I tested the ph and it was off the chart :( it may have just been 8.4 but I did a pwc just in case because it looked like the darkest color which means it could have been even higher. So anyways, I got the water emptied about halfway, then only got to add about 3 gallons before my mother made me go somewhere with her. So I took the media out of one of my hob filters (because it drains when its off) and put it in the tank and turned on my air pump. It sat that way for about 5 hours until I got home and filled it back up. This couldn't have killed the bacteria could it? Because I had seeded media in there... And also when I added part of the water back in, I forgot to add dechlorinator until I had already filled it. I'm worried that my cycle has been compromised :/ what do you guys think?

I got my new fixture and I got the stand today. Honestly I don't like it that much but it works. I've also figured out my stocking plan.
1x pearl gourami
6x Congo tetra
6x red phantom tetra
5x marbled hatchet fish (not for sure yet but I love them)
5x zebra nerite snails
1x bn pleco or similar (any suggestions of something the same size but more interesting?)

And I know aqadvisor is only a guide but it said that puts me at like 86% stock or something like that. Also I've used a couple different volume calculators and apparently the tank is actually roughly 42 gallons.

Congratulations! I didn't know the answer to your question in the previous post. I hope all is well!

Snowball and Butterflies get to about 5" I believe.

Starlight BNs are gorgeous!!

CoryFan said:
Congratulations! I didn't know the answer to your question in the previous post. I hope all is well!

Snowball and Butterflies get to about 5" I believe.

Starlight BNs are gorgeous!!

Thanks! And I've never heard of those so ill Google them.

Oh and also, my ammonia is going down now :) it fell below 1ppm for the first time so I dosed it back up. I'm not really seeing nitrites but it may be because of the seeded media because idk if its my imagination but nitrates seem to have gone up a bit. Lol I guess we'll see.

Edit- I looked up all the species you told me and all three are aweosme :) I think it comes down to between the starlight bn and the butterfly. Idk if those are carried in my store so I may have to order them lol.

Back
Top Bottom