55 Gallon Freshwater Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If not your own pond, with an underground viewing area

Now you're talking! (y)

I totally agree with you, for me, working in my tank is a great stress reliever!

It's my time !! Don't take me wrong, I do enjoy a lot the family time, but I do enjoy this time for me!!!, and I forget about everything, when I'm cleaning, re-arranging, watching, etc my tank.

That's exactly how I view it. Of course, I'm also trying to teach my 3 y/o to help mommy w/ the tanks. It's cute too! I tell him about doing a pwc, feeding, etc. It brings a smile to my face whenever I catch him w/ his face pressed against the glass. :lol:

McLumpy said:
That's exactly how I view it. Of course, I'm also trying to teach my 3 y/o to help mommy w/ the tanks. It's cute too! I tell him about doing a pwc, feeding, etc. It brings a smile to my face whenever I catch him w/ his face pressed against the glass. :lol:

Lol
Me too, my 15 years old son help a little, but I know that he roll his eyes every time that I suggest a change :)
But my 12 years old son really likes the fish and the tank, he helps me more and he wants to be a Vet !,! So he likes all kind of animals. It's because of him that I started in this hobby
:)

You're not kidding about the Harlequins! Their colors are starting to come out already! Yeahhhhhh... I may need to just go ahead and add those guys to my 55g and get more to keep in my 10g. :brows:

The Wisteria is more than bouncing back... it's growing fast!! Surprisingly, so is the Cabomba! :D Speaking of which, I made a few changes to my 55g and need to post a recent pic. Yeah, I know... AGAIN! Hee hee! I can't leave either of the tanks alone. It's worse than when I was nesting during my pregnancy. :lol:

Hi...sorry I always reply so late in the post. I got sick for the past few days. Yeah, no fun. But I got the chance to get into my PC tonight and saw your replies. I was laughing about the 'mirror' thing coz I actually had a mirror at the back of my 2nd 10G coz I wasn't able to get a background yet, and I got bubble nest tonight. HA! So I guess it worked! Sorry I deceived whoever made it (I was thinking it was the Edwin-my DG) coz he is alone and there are no females around.

But, yeah, you can't help but love those rasboras..if only I can get more. I only have 10Gs so I can't go overboard.

I am glad the wisterias and the cabombas are doing great. Your anubias and anacharis are doing just as great as well. They are getting more shoots each week.

And yes, pictures are always welcome....yayy!

Right?

I didn't want to deceive them, but for the ha ha I put the mirror there coz it looked nice somehow, the tank looked much bigger. But yeah, someone think that they have more company...harharhar...

LOL...naughty!

Anyway, I actually just posted something about the bubble nest....didn't know if that was possible...when there were no females...

but now I know...it's the mirror's fault! LOL.

daileene said:
LOL...naughty!

Anyway, I actually just posted something about the bubble nest....didn't know if that was possible...when there were no females...

but now I know...it's the mirror's fault! LOL.

Not to hijack the thread, but ya, bettas will blow bubble nests even when females aren't present...maybe it's a boredom thing...anywho...back on topic :)

oh yeah, sorry mc lumpy...

got carried away with the mirror....

anywho, yeah harlequins are awesome fish...I am glad you like them too.

You guys crack me up!! :ROFLMAO:

No worries about hijacking my thread... I tend to learn more by OT discussions. I never knew that males made bubble nests when no ladies were around. I have yet to see that in either of my tanks. Maybe I should try the mirror trick. :brows: J/k Knowing my luck my RT Shark will try to bust through the glass to fight his reflection. HA!

Anywhooooo... that's cool about your DG doing that, Daileene! I'll need to check out your thread. :D

Oh and sorry folks, no pics tonight. :( I was hoping to do a pwc to the 55g and take some, but I only got around to a pwc on the 10g. So much to do, so little time.

McLumpy said:

No worries about hijacking my thread... I tend to learn more by OT discussions. I never knew that males made bubble nests when no ladies were around. I have yet to see that in either of my tanks. Maybe I should try the mirror trick. :brows: J/k Knowing my luck my RT Shark will try to bust through the glass to fight his reflection. HA!

Anywhooooo... that's cool about your DG doing that, Daileene! I'll need to check out your thread. :D

Oh and sorry folks, no pics tonight. :( I was hoping to do a pwc to the 55g and take some, but I only got around to a pwc on the 10g. So much to do, so little time.

In the wild having a big bubble nest is another way to attract females. It says "I'm ready, I'm committed, that betta next to me not only looks like my brother, but he is building the same dang nest too!"

In the wild having a big bubble nest is another way to attract females. It says "I'm ready, I'm committed, that betta next to me not only looks like my brother, but he is building the same dang nest too!"

:ROFLMAO:

If I didn't just give you rep for your Fluval vid, this would have gotten it!!!

LOL...yeah don't do it. You might get a cracked tank coz of the RT shark getting excited. Yeah, it was pretty cool my DG was making that nest. He was actually still doing it yesterday and guarding it which was silly coz he is really alone. I hope he would realize pretty soon there are no females alone. Unless I will transfer my female one from my other 10G. Hehehehe. Am I ready for frys? I have no idea....

And it's okay about the pictures.....we can always wait...:)

I certainly get this comment a REP...LOL...it is just way too cute....

Can I ask McLumpy what camera do you use to take these photos , Looks so clear ! +1

LOL...yeah don't do it. You might get a cracked tank coz of the RT shark getting excited. Yeah, it was pretty cool my DG was making that nest. He was actually still doing it yesterday and guarding it which was silly coz he is really alone. I hope he would realize pretty soon there are no females alone. Unless I will transfer my female one from my other 10G. Hehehehe. Am I ready for frys? I have no idea....

And it's okay about the pictures.....we can always wait...:)

That is so cool about your DG making the nest! :D And yes, I finally got pics tonight!!

:dance:

Can I ask McLumpy what camera do you use to take these photos , Looks so clear ! +1

I use a Fujifilm FinePix s1500. It's not a bad camera, but the pics are actually kind of dull looking when I upload them to my computer. When I crop the pics, I decrease the brightness and increase the contrast a little in order to get the best quality.

Glad you like the pics! :D

Last edited:
55 Gallon: Picture Time!!

I did a pwc yesterday and today I decided to move my Harlequin Rasboras and Silver Tip Tetras over to the 55g. I then moved my Neon Tetras over to the 10g. I was going to wait a few weeks to do this, but I figured since there was no indication that my Rasboras or Tetras had a disease, I would take a chance.

Anyway, as you can see, all of my fishes are doing well in their new home! :fish2:

Attachments

• AA-Aq087-B.jpg
    AA-Aq087-B.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 88
  • AA-Aq089.jpg
    AA-Aq089.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 97
  • AA-Aq090.jpg
    AA-Aq090.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 92
  • AA-Aq091.jpg
    AA-Aq091.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 96
More Pics!

:fish2:

Attachments

• AA-Aq092.jpg
    AA-Aq092.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 101
  • AA-Aq093.jpg
    AA-Aq093.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 95
  • AA-Aq094.jpg
    AA-Aq094.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 105
  • AA-Aq095.jpg
    AA-Aq095.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 102
Last Batch!

:fish2:

Attachments

• AA-Aq098.jpg
    AA-Aq098.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 102
  • AA-Aq099.jpg
    AA-Aq099.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 94
  • AA-Aq096.jpg
    AA-Aq096.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
This is my 55 gallon freshwater tank. It needs a few more plants in back to hide the air hoses, and maybe some driftwood... but it's pretty much complete.

Current Residents:
(1) Pleco
(1) Red Tail Shark
(1) Clown Loach
(3) Gold Dust Mollies
(1) Orange Molly
(4) Neon Tetras
(1) Dwarf Gourami

Future Residents:
(2) Clown Loaches
(3) Neon Tetras
(1) Dwarf Gourami

Nice tank! I love the live plants!

Last edited:
What is your whole complete stocking list now ? And the Betta looks great! Just a tip if your going to take a pic of him show him a mirror first!

Back
Top Bottom