Exotic's new 10g high build!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've kept rams with furcatus and gertrudae but it's not something I'd do again. There weren't aggression issues but the rainbows seemed to be too active for the rams.

True, I was thinking of green neons but they do swim in the lower level a lot, so there might be aggression issues. Maybe I could keep my sparkling gouramis with them and add a floating plant and some small caves and lots of cover. My sparklers seem to prefer the bottom level but if my floating guppy mat is in the tank then they will hover underneath it and not touch the bottom. They are rather timid though so they might not be the best option...

~ExoticAquarist, signing out

True, I was thinking of green neons but they do swim in the lower level a lot, so there might be aggression issues. Maybe I could keep my sparkling gouramis with them and add a floating plant and some small caves and lots of cover. My sparklers seem to prefer the bottom level but if my floating guppy mat is in the tank then they will hover underneath it and not touch the bottom. They are rather timid though so they might not be the best option...

Sparkling gouramis should be fine.

Are you looking for anything in particular: color, schooler, etc? One of my favorite schooling fish that I currently keep in B. maculatus. Active yet peaceful and really nice coloring.

Moving the sparkling gouramis today! I'm gonna drip acclimate them for about an hour and add some stress zyme to help with the biofiltration. It's gonna be hard catching them though...

Sparkling gouramis should be fine.

Are you looking for anything in particular: color, schooler, etc? One of my favorite schooling fish that I currently keep in B. maculatus. Active yet peaceful and really nice coloring.

Thanks!

Measured the parameters in both tanks. 29g: nitrite and ammonia: 0 nitrate: 20 pH: 6.8 gh: 120 kh: 30 temp: 82F. 10g readings: ni,na, and ammonia: 0 pH: 6.6 gh: 0 kh: 0 temp: 80F

Trying to catch those things is about the hardest thing I will ever do...

All the gouramis are pretty happy in their new home...

They all are swimming about and have gained their color back. All 4 enjoyed a meal of 1 flake... They are so tiny! I think that they like the softer water. Love those fish!

Very nice fish, great colors when settled in and happy!

So what are you stock plans at this point?

1-3 rams, and the sparkling gouramis. One of the gouramis is blowing bubbles all over stuff and picking and cleaning the bottom of a certain spot on the underside of the wood... They aren't bubble nesters but I guess that (presumably) he is preparing a spawning nest?

1-3 rams, and the sparkling gouramis. One of the gouramis is blowing bubbles all over stuff and picking and cleaning the bottom of a certain spot on the underside of the wood... They aren't bubble nesters but I guess that (presumably) he is preparing a spawning nest?

T. pumila is definitely a bubble nesting fish.

Really? Everywhere I have read said that they make a nest without bubbles and have a very short embrace... First day of school was today and the unairconditioned classrooms reached 98-100 degrees according to the teachers... And I wore jeans and a long sleeved cotton shirt... Sorry to bother you guys with my troubles...

Really? Everywhere I have read said that they make a nest without bubbles and have a very short embrace... First day of school was today and the unairconditioned classrooms reached 98-100 degrees according to the teachers... And I wore jeans and a long sleeved cotton shirt... Sorry to bother you guys with my troubles...

Ouch... Our classrooms are always frigid. Not just cold. Frigid. Even when it's 95 outside its like 60 in there lol

Ouch... Our classrooms are always frigid. Not just cold. Frigid. Even when it's 95 outside its like 60 in there lol

60 sounds great! One of the gouramis has a ripped fin and has collected bubbles and dead crypt leaves under the heater... I'm going to move the heater vertically and raise it above the substrate. Maybe add some more spawning places. I'm def just feeding frozen BS and BW to try and get the females ready for spawning.

I wouldn't move the heater now if there is already a nest on it. This may deter the males from making any more nests and then you won't have anything. I would just leave it because apparently they like it the way it is. :)

I wouldn't move the heater now if there is already a nest on it. This may deter the males from making any more nests and then you won't have anything. I would just leave it because apparently they like it the way it is. :)

Worried about one of the males burning himself...

Plywood with fake grain. You can't see it too well but the bookshelf has 2 metal supports.

Back
Top Bottom