Favorite filters!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishBoy185

Aquarium Advice FINatic
What is your Favorite Filter or filter? My favorite are Tetra whisper ex series. Love those filters. Just to name some there are also aquaclears and fluval. also What is your favorite type of canister filter?
Thanks

Brian

What about the marineland magnum 350 do you like? I have seen some at my LFS but never considered buying it. But ill consider it something I might buy for my 75 gallon.

Mine is aquaclear because for 100 bucks you can have 500gph filtration plus you can use whatever media you want

What about the marineland magnum 350 do you like? I have seen some at my LFS but never considered buying it. But ill consider it something I might buy for my 75 gallon.

For a 75g id do 2 aquaclear 110s because thats 1000gph filtration which is plenty for a tank that size and tons of flow

Thats the one thing I love about aquaclear filter. Cheap filter media of your choice :D

I have 2 tetra whisper ex 70s on there and soon buying another eheim 2236 since my other one broke.

My favorite thing about aquariums are simply...the filters. There basically the heart and support system for your tank. And I love going filter shopping to. There are tons of them to choose from.

I like the AquaClears. I have a Fulval Aquaclear 50, and an Aquaclear 70 as well. I plan on getting a 30 for my 20 gallon tank, and also a 110 to add onto my 110 gallon tank. They are awesome filters.

Love aquaclears to. The only thing I dont like about aquaclears is that is doesnt self-prime. So when the power goes out or if you leave on vacation and the power goes out you have no filter.

Love aquaclears to. The only thing I dont like about aquaclears is that is doesnt self-prime. So when the power goes out or if you leave on vacation and the power goes out you have no filter.

I agree here.

Eheim & my sump. Once you get a sump for your aquarium you wonder why you didnt get one sooner

I have a Fluval 206 series canister filter on my 38g African cichlid tank. I love it! It makes practically no noise when it's running which is good because I have my tank in my bedroom and I hated the noises my old filter used to make when I was trying to sleep. My water clarity is always good and I've had no problems with it thus far.

Never really understood what a sump was. They look complicated to setup. Could someone explain to me how to set one up and what they do for the tank?
Thanks

Brian

Never really understood what a sump was. They look complicated to setup. Could someone explain to me how to set one up and what they do for the tank?
Thanks

Brian

Its basically a waaaaaaay better filter with 10x more filtration rate and water movement. I had one on my 110g and it could clear water up in 10 mins doing around 1500gph

Eheim Ecco 300 (2236) or any of the Eheim classic range as they are one of the most reliable pieces of equipment I have ever owned.

Rare said:
Eheim & my sump. Once you get a sump for your aquarium you wonder why you didnt get one sooner

I wasn't wondering that when my hose had a hairline crack/split and 5 gallons of water soaked through my floor.

But, otherwise sumps are pretty great!

I wasn't wondering that when my hose had a hairline crack/split and 5 gallons of water soaked through my floor.

But, otherwise sumps are pretty great!

The mighty PVC

Back
Top Bottom