First nano tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

I like it! Does it come with the rock? Are you going to put coral in it?

Audiew said:
I like it! Does it come with the rock? Are you going to put coral in it?

No rock. It's been empty for a year he said. Def corals. Might just do a pair of clowns. I know it's only 14 gallon but with the sump adding extra volume I think I would be ok. Thinking a winter project. Suppose to get it tomorrow. So then I can start planning.

Yea I think you would be fine as well. Especially with just two clowns. Maybe just a softie tank? Do you think a lawn mower blenny would get along with my watchman okay?

Well guys.... 14 bucks later and I ended up with this.

Attachments

• image-2927507799.jpg
    image-2927507799.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 109
Audiew said:
I read to many stories about nipping softies so I just couldn't talk myself into it

Lol I hear ya. Just wondering. Went and grabbed water today and left without a fish cause I'm not sure the route I'm going yet with the new tank. Or if the wife will let me set it up for that matter lol

22engine said:
Lol I hear ya. Just wondering. Went and grabbed water today and left without a fish cause I'm not sure the route I'm going yet with the new tank. Or if the wife will let me set it up for that matter lol

Oh I bet you can sweet talk her into it lol! I am going to pick out some coral tomorrow. I'm hoping to get some frogspawn or hammer.

22engine said:

Know of an average price for acropora?

Well that will depend on the color and size that you get. They start around here for about $25-30 for a small frag and go on up. I think the blue are the most expensive, at least from what Ive seen.

Beengirl said:
Well that will depend on the color and size that you get. They start around here for about $25-30 for a small frag and go on up. I think the blue are the most expensive, at least from what Ive seen.

I was thinking just a small frag. I like the blues but will probably go with green.

22engine said:
Never bought one bud so not sure.

I bought a 3 head frogspawn for 30. Was told they had a head of metallic hammer for 20 but when I got there they only had a 5 head that couldn't be cut. Kinda bummed about that

Audiew said:
I bought a 3 head frogspawn for 30. Was told they had a head of metallic hammer for 20 but when I got there they only had a 5 head that couldn't be cut. Kinda bummed about that

I like frogspawn.

Thanks guys it is really opened up now. Not sure how good of a picture this is but I think it looks awesome.

Attachments

• image-2736124270.jpg
    image-2736124270.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 84
Audiew said:
Thanks guys it is really opened up now. Not sure how good of a picture this is but I think it looks awesome.

How do you like the top less look of your cube. I am thinking about getting rid of mine. Leaning more and more towards the lion fish tank now that I have the other tank getting prepared and that fish won't jump

22engine said:
How do you like the top less look of your cube. I am thinking about getting rid of mine. Leaning more and more towards the lion fish tank now that I have the other tank getting prepared and that fish won't jump

I like the idea of it but seeing as condensation builds up on the glass it is really hard to see through it. For looks it looks great, as far as usability it's not great. I'm voting for the lion fish tank. Here is a shot of that frogspawn this morning.

Attachments

• image-766922204.jpg
    image-766922204.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 83

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom