First Tank :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is my plan at the mo... May be some changes

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393957074.548005.jpg

May take a while as i dont have any of these currently need to gradually lose and introduce!

I have gravel at the mo, intend on switching to sand eventually though...

Yeah again its pretty mixed reviews some say they get on others say they dont...

On another note, my small tank still isnt there :( almost... 0 ammonia, 0.25 nitrite and 20 nitrate

Do you think the angel & ruby shark would he ok with my harle rasboras if they are still small when i add them? Or will they just be food when they get bigger?

28L tank seems to be almost there... After 9 weeks... Yesterday was showing 0 ammonia, a slight bit of nitrite (not quite 0.25 but not zero either) nitrates kf about 30... Fingers crossed i will be done today!!!

Time to celebrate!! Your stocking idea looks great. The cherry barbs are really cool looking red I like that. I would run it and see what happens. Just remember to only add a few fish every week or two and also change the decore to keep them from attacking the new guys. The Ram may be a little aggressive along with the shark but with enough cover they should do fine.

Cool! Congrats Daz! Time to have a cycle party! I'll get my speedos and superman cape on and run around AA shouting "cycle is done' cycle party at Daz's!" OS.

Wooo! Haha

Thanks mate, i spent so long playing around with stocking ideas this one just looks so nice.

Yeah will he over a good few months, i have re-homed a lot of the fish that came with the 150L already, someone is picking some more up tomorrow and i have added a baby angel and bristlenose to begin with.

Waiting for the common plecs to be taken so that i can properly plant the tank (not worth doing it now as they destroy eveerything!) as it is so bare at the min i don't think the previous owner was very caring :( also all the ornaments are filthy but thats the only hiding places in the tank so wont get rid just yet. Levels are perfect though.

Tomorrow the tank will consist of just the common plecs, the albino cory (hopefully my lfs has some in stock so he can finally school!) the angel and bristlenose. I will move the harlequins from the newly cycled 28l and put the neons in there. So excited for the final product :)

Lol! Party sounds good after 9 weeks!

This is the culprit! My 28L with Silvio the VT betta, some cherry shrimp and 5 harlequin rasboras soon to be moved to the bigger tank ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394228029.329545.jpg

If you gonna do cherry barbs just make sure you get females. I would honestly do 6 cherry barbs. 2 males and 4 females. You can tell the difference because males are red and females are brownish. Or do all males

Here is the newly bought 150L which needs a lot of work...
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394228074.960109.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394228086.566595.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394228094.704311.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394228105.839757.jpg

Initially it had:

2 glass catfish
1 siamese fighting fish
2 pleco
4 glowlight tetra
4 clown loach
1 albino catfish
1 columbian tetra
1 platy
2 neon tetra
3 cory catfish. 1 is pregnant?

Currently it has
2 common plecs
1 bn plec
2 neons
1 platy
1 columbian tetra
3 cories
1 albino cory
2 neons
1 angel

Tomorrow someone will be taking te platy, tetra and the cories and hopefully the plecs

Then eventually i plan to have it looking something like this
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394228289.271973.jpg

With this stocking, cant wait!

If you gonna do cherry barbs just make sure you get females. I would honestly do 6 cherry barbs. 2 males and 4 females. You can tell the difference because males are red and females are brownish. Or do all males

Yeah i did plan hopefully all males they are lovely fish :)

Back
Top Bottom