Starting Up A Nano!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Spot feeding the hairy green mushroom! It is huge:)

img_1400907_0_26690d5c31a60a0f382ff2d3e71b3513.jpg

Long time no thread. No serious updates or additions but everything is growing:)

Here's an updated shot. Love our tank.

Still in the market for some neat crabs and red mushrooms.

img_1430703_0_06882b513bc14268398dafffec5b0e1d.jpg

Thanks Kelsey!

Question...can aiptasia kill? Our feather duster hasn't been seen for days and we have an aiptasia beside it...

Yup it sure can, well it will cause it to stay closed for sure, inject some lemon juice in that aiptasia! Or whatever other remedy you choose haha

Thanks. I am going to have to do that asap. Now that I'm looking harder we have a lot more than I thought. We bought a peppermint shrimp but he hasnt done the trick.

Hey everyone...exciting news! Our clowns have paired and we think the she is pregnant! Just when we were gonna give them to my parents tank, as it is bigger. Yikes. Is there anyway to know for sure?!

S and B

Hey everyone...exciting news! Our clowns have paired and we think the she is pregnant! Just when we were gonna give them to my parents tank, as it is bigger. Yikes. Is there anyway to know for sure?!

S and B

Clownfish lay eggs so if you see her cleaning an area really well shes about to lay them

Her belly is small now. They were cleaning an area of rock but I dont see anything. Do you need to do the whole process to hatch them or would they hatch on their own?

Looks like you have a ball anemone, Pseudocorynactis caribbeorum.

I would keep them and feed them, from what I read they are rare in the aquarium and lots of people like them, I also read of people killing them since they are an anemone and have a sting. They don't require strong lighting like most anemones so they would do well in your lighting.

*I read a few cases of them taking over tanks, so keep an eye out for that haha

Thanks Kelsey. We have two. Excited. Will have to feed them:) Sad day also...clowns went to my parents tank. They were getting too large for ours...and we don't want the clown police after us:)

Yup it sure can, well it will cause it to stay closed for sure, inject some lemon juice in that aiptasia! Or whatever other remedy you choose haha

Hi Kelsey, I have tried the lemon juice in an eye dropper twice now...and they seem to be coming back up. Is there something I am doing wrong or another option to take? Pesky little things.

You need to really plunge the lemon juice into the mouth, can't just spray it on it or it won't die. lol I use a syringe and while it's very gross I just close my eyes and plunge as deep as I can get it. :)

carey said:
You need to really plunge the lemon juice into the mouth, can't just spray it on it or it won't die. lol I use a syringe and while it's very gross I just close my eyes and plunge as deep as I can get it. :)

Thanks Carey...will be sure to try again.

I'm not sure If it's been said but there is a manufactured type called joes juice. Supposedly it works wonders. Also, I'm pretty sure hot water works also but if it is near corals or anything I wouldn't risk it. Good luck!

Fotopoulos said:
Thanks Kelsey. We have two. Excited. Will have to feed them:) Sad day also...clowns went to my parents tank. They were getting too large for ours...and we don't want the clown police after us:)

Be careful feeding what you don't know. I got a green and Orange anenome hitch hicker and I fed it. It split 5 times and it was pretty hard getting them all out. I would get one and it split one, then another and another. Just a thought. Really watch it.

Back
Top Bottom