Undergravel filter help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've been researching what to feed neon tetras and I keep seeing "high quality flakes." Does anyone have a specific brand that has worked for them and that they consider high quality?

I've been researching what to feed neon tetras and I keep seeing "high quality flakes." Does anyone have a specific brand that has worked for them and that they consider high quality?

I just feed mine TetraMin tropical flakes

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G800A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Okay, I'll look into those!
Also - Nitrites are at 0! :) Ammonia still isn't at a perfect 0 which I find a little weird, it's somewhere between .25 and 0. And Nitrates are at about 30. Is it almost time for the big water change?

Shipping update- Ordered the fish and plants.
2.5" Blue diamond discus x1
2.5" Marlboro red discus x1
2.5" Red snakeskin discus x1
Red Indian Dwarf lily x1
Water Sprite Indian Fern x4
Red Melon Sword x2
Amazon Sword x4
Cryptocoryne spiralis x4
Aponogeton crispus x2
And a pair of apistogramma trifasciata

The order will arrive at around 10:30 Wednesday morning which I will be in school unfortunately but my dad will be home to unbox them and release the fish

Woah! That's really awesome! I hope they do well :)

Today I tested again and Ammonia still wasn't at a perfect 0 and I'm not sure if that's because the test isn't perfect or because there are tiny amounts of ammonia. But Nitrites are at 0, and Nitrates are around 20. Obviously I shouldn't add fish yet to be safe, but is my cycle virtually completed? I was never able to find pure ammonia so I've been using flakes so I have no way of adding a certain ammonia to see if it would drop in 24 hours. So what should be my next step?

Red Indian Dwarf lily x1
Red Melon Sword x2
Amazon Sword x4
Cryptocoryne spiralis x4
Aponogeton crispus x2

The order will arrive at around 10:30 Wednesday morning which I will be in school unfortunately but my dad will be home to unbox them and release the fish

Wrong thread bro

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Red Indian Dwarf lily x1
Red Melon Sword x2
Amazon Sword x4
Cryptocoryne spiralis x4
Aponogeton crispus x2

I'm confused, it was you who posted this, and you made that comment to me on Poppa's thread???

Clem

Yes and yes. I posted it here because Rachel asked for shipping updates

Just for the record about that , I was not trying to be insulting in my comment to you.

Clem

Sorry Rachel for the post comments , this is your thread .

Clem

I've been reading online and apparently co2 is really important for plants. Duh. I can't make a diy co2 thingy, and I've seen some "liquid co2," so should I use that? Is it necessary? Is it safe?

I've been reading online and apparently co2 is really important for plants. Duh. I can't make a diy co2 thingy, and I've seen some "liquid co2," so should I use that? Is it necessary? Is it safe?

You don't need co2 and it can be quite complicated

For a low light setup co2 is NOT necessary though supplementing it will help plant growth tremendously.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

So I should leave it be? Also I don't know if my tank is considered low light or not, I'm not sure that the lighting situation is or how to describe it.

So I should leave it be? Also I don't know if my tank is considered low light or not, I'm not sure that the lighting situation is or how to describe it.

Do you know what kind of light it is? It should say it on the bulb

Back
Top Bottom