5 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hah I know! My gecko rushed out of her hide and actually ran towards the betta, they looked at each other, and my betta flared, but I think they're cool now lol

Gecko was like "dinner?" Lol... my bearded dragon woulda been jumping at the glass...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hah yea, you should have seen her, she was like "WTF is that! Never seen that before!"

Ok, so today the water is clear from the medicine, the betta seems to be doing fine, which I am very happy about
The crypts still seem kind of brown, I think it's just time before they come back
I have a question, for now I have the two mystery snails in there, while I get the shrimp and frogs, do you think that half an algae wafer every other day is ok for the two? What's good for them?
Thank!
img_2779598_0_fdf310f80922ccc6246f28997be04eed.jpg

In my experience, I'd feed 1 full wafer, split into two so you have half for each, and I'd do it once a week. Most tanks have micro algae so basically you just want to supplement their diet with the wafers

Ok guys! Quick question, need answers fast!

The shrimp guy answered me, I'm doing an ADF in there, how many yellow shrimp?
5?, or 8?

In my experience, I'd feed 1 full wafer, split into two so you have half for each, and I'd do it once a week. Most tanks have micro algae so basically you just want to supplement their diet with the wafers

Yea, well now based on what you said I think I'm feeding half of one once a week because now I only have one

Your ADF may have a hard time getting enough food with the shrimp and betta. Just keep an eye your ADF may need his own tank... lol. We had 3 in with a betta and they did pretty good but that particular betta was at least three years old and could barely get food right in front of his face. RIP

Yea, I'm prepared, if it doesn't work, the shrimp wil go to my brothers tank, and the frogs for me
Do you think 8 are ok?

I dont know enough about shrimp honestly.

Update

Well, the tank is doing great, managing to keep everything stable with a biweekly 50% water change
The betta seems to be getting nicer colors( I'm feeding him goldfish pellets since I have them)
The apple snail is doing great also, eating the remains of the bettas good and getting half an algae wafer every time a water change is due
How do you guys think it looks?
The Anubias nana petite is doing great! All if them have brand new leaves!
I added two rocks on top of the java ferns's roots to anchor it, like the look!
Also, ever since I added two root tabs, the crypts seem to be getting better, a lot new leaves coming!
Thanks! Tell me what you think!
img_2790632_0_7e64a3ecaf64a06791be2c3152f782a9.jpg
img_2790632_1_8f5175e2ee78c0365fd6484bb661a81d.jpg
img_2790632_2_3fdcc78aad9e1c64c0d4d386fbcbf9f4.jpg
img_2790632_3_b3da8087db3ee93f07d1c18809cdffac.jpg

Thanks!

See where the crypts end and the free starts? Planning on adding a bunch of anacharis so it can grow together, and in front of the filter, planning on some crypts undulata in front of the filter, like the other crypts
Also some cardinalis and repens to fill the floor up
And don't forget that the 2 ADF's and shrimp will be here soon! :dance:

Quck question, I'm kind of scared my two african dwarf frogs will get sucked into the filter, will it be a problem? Or how can I solve it, I don't even know where it intakes the water from so:/ that would be helpful info

Back
Top Bottom